Happy Sunday

     I apologize for not posting yesterday.  My oldest daughter had her first sleepover this weekend and I had no idea how much energy it took to keep a 10 year old and an almost 10 year old busy.  We watched movies, played Wii, ate junk food, made crafts, did make-overs and painted our nails.  Stick a fork in me,
I am D-O-N-E, done.
     But I have to say I am so glad my oldest daughter has finally found a good friend in our new town.  They are both very sweet, extremely smart, comedic and very unique young ladies.  My daughter is somewhat awkward socially.  I fear I didn't teach her the appropriate skills needed while we were homeschooling.  We were around other homeschooling families and other children at church, but even then she had trouble being included and didn't notice when other kids were being mean and purposely excluding her.  But her new friend compliments her well and I see lots of memories waiting to be made. 
     That being said, on my 3rd day of thanks, I am thankful for my children's friends. Especially Dakotah's new bestie Taylor. They are both very funny, sweet and awesome girls; I'm so happy they found each other.
    


     I finally made it to mass after probably a month of finding excuses not to go. I'm too tired, the baby is sick (even though my husband is home on Sundays and would've stayed home with him), I have laundry to do (I always have laundry to do), but today Dakotah was so excited to take her friend to church that I didn't want to disappoint either of them. I am so glad I did. Our new church family has made us feel so welcome, it feels really nice to hear people say they've missed you and to know the genuinely mean it.
       On my 4th day of thanks, I am thankful for a new church home. It was a little hard for me to go back to a catholic church, but I really feel it was the best decision. My kids absolutely love it there and it is even nicer because our church family includes many of our teachers and friends.
 
 
I wish you all a great Monday, and I wanted to let all my Facebook friends know that I am so thrilled to see all my friends are posting their own 30 days of thanks. 
 
~Serra


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Momma, please give yourself a little grace...

Am I ready to rejoin the work force?

God bless teachers